Bio Sensor "Super Dog" Program
Through years of research, the military has discovered that early neurological stimulation exercises have important and long lasting effects in canines. They found that canines that were exposed to these exercises demonstrated improved cardiovascular performance, stronger heartbeats, stronger adrenal glands, improved tolerance to stress, and greater resistance to disease as compared to littermates whom did not receive early neurological stimulation. They also found that stimulated pups were more active, more exploratory, and scored higher on performance tests as compared to pups who did not undergo neurological stimulation. They began implementing these exercises with their military and police dogs to ensure optimal performance. This program became known as the Bio Sensor Program and was later termed the "Super Dog Program".
Studies show that the most optimal time to perform neurological stimulation exercises with puppies is from day 3 to day 16. This is when training is most effective as neurological systems are developing rapidly during this time.
The exercises include:
1. TACTILE STIMULATION – Holding the pup in one hand, the handler gently stimulates (tickles) the pup between the toes on any one foot using a Q-tip. 3 – 5 seconds.
2. HEAD HELD ERECT – Using both hands, the pup is held perpendicular to the ground, (straight up), so that its head is directly above its tail. This is an upwards position. 3 – 5 seconds.
3. HEAD POINTED DOWN Holding the pup firmly with both hands the head is reversed and is pointed downward so that it is pointing towards the ground. 3 – 5 seconds.
4. SUPINE POSITION – Hold the pup so that its back is resting in the palm of both hands with its muzzle facing the ceiling. The pup while on its back is allowed to sleep struggle. 3-5 seconds.
5. THERMAL STIMULATION – Use a damp towel that has been cooled in a refrigerator for at least five minutes. Place the pup on the towel, feet down. Do not restrain it from moving. 3-5 seconds.
These exercises must be performed once a day from the age of 3 days to 16 days old.
Here at Eagleridge Goldens, we perform "Super Dog"/Bio Sensor Exercises with all of our puppies to ensure that your pup will be the best that he/she can be!
For more information on the "Super Dog Program" please, Click Here
The photo on this page was from the filming of Disney's Super Buddies, which our pups were featured in!