- If within 2 weeks of picking up your puppy he/she is examined by a reputable veterinarian and the health of the puppy is found to be at serious risk of euthanasia or death due to a congenital defect (existing at birth), the owner shall notify breeder and provide a written statement from a licensed vet describing puppy’s condition. The puppy and all papers shall then be returned to the seller within five days of the examination. The Seller will replace the puppy (at their earliest convenience) or refund the FULL purchase price of the puppy (minus training fees). This does not include worms, fleas, mites, coccidiosis, giardia, ichthyosis or any other parasite as they are common in puppies. The Seller is not responsible if the puppy contracts a communicable disease after 1 week of leaving Seller’s possession such as parvo, distemper, rabies, canine influenza, lepto or lyme disease.
- The Seller guarantees the puppy against any congenital defect causing death of, or making necessary euthanasia until 2 years of age. If this occurs, the Seller will replace the puppy (at their earliest convenience) or refund the FULL price of the puppy (minus training fees). The Seller will not assume any veterinarian bills. (A necropsy report or a written statement from a licensed Vet is required).
- The Seller offers a 2-year hip and elbow guarantee on all puppies. If the puppy is found to have “Moderate” or “Severe” hip dysplasia or “Grade 2” or “Grade 3” elbow dysplasia, the buyer can choose to return puppy for a FULL refund (minus training) or keep the puppy and get an 80% refund of purchase price (minus training fees). The puppy must have an X-Ray by a veterinarian to confirm the diagnosis. The X-Ray must be submitted to the Orthopedic Foundation of America (OFA) and given an official score by them. No other assessments are valid; this includes a regular veterinarian or orthopedic surgeon’s assessment. The only authorized assessment we will accept is from the OFA. *The puppy will NOT be replaced or refunded because of hip/elbow dysplasia or any other illness if he/she is allowed to become overweight and/or is subjected to inappropriate handling or exercise that would jeopardize the health of the dog's skeletal structure.
- The Seller offers a 2-year heart guarantee on all puppies. If the puppy is found to have a severe heart murmur (Grade 5/6 or 6/6), the following applies: The puppy must have a canine cardiologist perform an echogram to confirm the diagnosis. If a severe heart murmur is confirmed, then buyer can choose to return puppy for a FULL refund (minus training) or keep the puppy and get a 80% refund of purchase price (minus training fees).
- The Seller has the right to obtain a second opinion from our Veterinarian.
- The Buyer may return this puppy to the breeder for a refund of 80% of the pet price for any reason until the dog is two years of age providing that the puppy has not been injured while in the buyer’s possession and the dog has been fed pawTree Dog Food (training fees are not refundable). If the Buyer wishes to sell or give away the dog, he/she will notify the Seller in order to give the Seller the right of first refusal.
The Seller makes no guarantees regarding the loss of the puppy due to accidental death, theft, sickness due to lack of vaccinations, etc., or any other loss beyond the Breeder’s control except as stated above.
The following will void all guarantees:
- Feeding the dog anything other than pawTree for the first 24 months of age
- Neutering or Spaying before 24 months of age (unless it is a male and has an undescended testicle, in which case neutering is recommended)
- Evidence of neglect or abuse
- Allowing your dog to be obese or underweight at any time (according to the AKC Breed Standard for Golden Retrievers)
- Evidence of strenuous exercise - No treadmill or excessive jogging in the first year. No jumping from high surfaces or being allowed to jump on hind legs, no excessive chasing and retrieving.
Any refund given will only be given after a Non-Disparagement Agreement is signed. Any disparagement done beforehand (either written online or on paper) must be removed before any refund is given.